It is Not Only Necessary to Love, It is Necessary to Say So

Ten years ago today, I had no idea what I was doing. I got all fancied up, had my fingernails done, invited 900 of my closest friends to hang out. I was scared and excited and nervous.
And I said I Do.

I didn't realize the power in those words or in the words of our vows, but powerful they are. They're almost...supernatural.

Ten years minus one day ago I was picking off fingernail polish and digging bobby pins out of my hair. Let's be real, getting fancy isn't my first love. He is. And he loves my plain fingernails as much as my painted ones.

He is stronger now than he was then. He has a depth of character that outweighs his charm (and he is very charming). He has wisdom and confidence and a beauty in maturity that make me proud. He knows more than he lets on and he is honest, respectful, funny. He is quick in his wit and calls it like it is.

With ever-increasing devotion we move into Decade Two, choosing daily to live and to love like we mean it.

And we are happy.
Ever After.
let love and faithfulness never leave you. bind them around your neck write them on the tablet of your heart