1.16.2013

because you memorized it there in psalm 40 and asked for it and begged for it a couple years back and you tapped your impatient foot at him for a while when he didn't give it to you that very second you first asked, but now that it is now and because hindsight is always 20/20 you see that what you were asking for was never going to fall in your lap the way you thought it would and it's a good thing. because when you read the new song triumphs of redemption by others and you want a new song of your own, don't try to write the song, let him write it. he will, he is, and it's better and deeper and harder and longer and sturdier and scarier than anything you would have come up with.

I waited patiently for the Lord;
he turned to me a heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock 
and gave me a firm place to stand.
He put a new song in my mouth
a hymn of praise to our God.



let love and faithfulness never leave you. bind them around your neck write them on the tablet of your heart