I Don't Want to Forget

I love the way the pacifier leaves dimpled parentheses on his chubby cheeks.
I love his paper thin fingernails and the way his toes are always curled under.
I love the new baby smell.

I love how I can only see his eyebrows if I look very closely and the way his eyelashes are not too long and not too short. I love how when he cries his tongue stays on the roof of his mouth and how his fingers grab onto whatever touches his palm.

His legs are prone to curl up in a ball. He can sleep through everything except gas and a diaper change. I love how the drama drains from his bright red crying face after he is comforted.

I love the faces he makes when he's just falling asleep and how he smiles when he looks at the ceiling fan.

I love that I can know these things about my child. And I am thankful that I am not responsible for counting the hairs on his head.
let love and faithfulness never leave you. bind them around your neck write them on the tablet of your heart