Camping Bonanza




We love Kirkwood Lake
It took us 2 days to pack, 2 hours to get there, stayed 2 nights, 2 hours to get back and 2 days to unpack. But it was worth it all.


Caleb caught 2 fish and wants to go again "NOW!"
Logan caught...well, dirt...mainly because he was throwing it at himself.

I never tire of gazing into the forest at God's fascinating creation (of which I quickly loose sight of/take for granted here in Oakdale).

Beauty is prevelant when you're out of cell phone, internet, satelite coverage. It's been a while since I've been camping and I was taken by how good it was to be away from life's consuming entities. I was also taken by how much it costs to camp now...$19 a night for a plot of dirt and a hole with a lid 50 feet away to claim for 10 minutes each day. I guess we paid the equivalent of "fresh" fish from the grocery store in the 4 guys we chowed on? Still...$19?? Is that really necessary?

Logan and I hiked while the other boys fished
let love and faithfulness never leave you. bind them around your neck write them on the tablet of your heart